Bio

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Graphic Novel Challenge: Theatre version

I have decided that in an effort this year to broaden my horizons, what with creating this new blog, giving a valiant effort to keeping my house organized and not spending all my money on books and theatre, I have decided to add another item to my list…..the Graphic Novel Challenge!

I have never participated in a reading challenge before, but if you ask Mr. Theatrophile he may say that I don’t need any more incentive to read or buy books of any kind. I have a fabulous friend @Rachelpulido01 who writes about them and she has slowly but surely been opening up my world to them. So I decided that in order to truly embrace the Graphic Novel I needed to do the challenge at expert level, which means I have to read at least 10 by the end of the year. Luckily Bibliophile Girl is also participating in this challenge so I’m not alone!

I am going to start with the graphic novel adaptions of plays, many Shakespeare works have been adapted into them, and then maybe move onto novels that were inspired by theater works. Expect commentary and reviews of them here, and if you’re reading any feel free to let me know!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see more people joining the Graphic Novel challenge! Thanks for signing up. I know that Becky from Becky's Book Reviews has reviewed a ton of graphic novel adaptations of Shakespeare plays. Do you follow her already? http://blbooks.blogspot.com I'm cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't follow her yet, but I will check her out. Thanks! I will keep you posted on my progress, thanks for the Challenge idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you all organized! I still have to post my "list" of graphic novels that I'll be starting with. I'm so looking forward to doing this with you and Rachel!

    Oh, and by the by - I figured out how to do the email subscription thing. :) I'll fill you in later. You're welcome! :D

    ReplyDelete